Sunday, July 12, 2009

project updates

I think I am finally getting my sewing groove back. Especially now that Andy is spending all of his free time writing poetry. I need a way of occupying myself.

Recently finished (pictures soon):
  • Pajama pants for the kids: It is HOT now and the kids mostly have cold weather pajamas. I went to the store to buy them some cooler ones and couldn't believe how pricey they are. At $9 a pair, it would be far to expensive to buy them a new nightime "wardrobe". So I decided to see if I could make them pajama pants out of my current stash. I made a pair for both Duncan and Gianna.
  • Nursing covers x2 - blue eyelet: I wanted to make a cooler nursing cover for myself and a friend wanted to buy one for her sister. I am really happy for how these turned out.
Works in Progress:
I've cut out the pieces for an Emmeline apron for my little sister who is getting married this Saturday, and a pair of pajamas for Duncan (I found the fabric in clearance for $1/yd!)

I can't wait to get these done, because I am going to start making items for sale at the Universities Alumni Weekend festival. I would like to make some dolly slings, some purses, and a few nursing covers and clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment