Thursday, April 9, 2009

IApron for Mom's Group Gift Exchange


IApron for Mom's Group Gift Exchange
Originally uploaded by umgeekgirl

Made with an upcycled sheet.

Apron skirt: 50" x 22" (I used the finished edge of the sheet for the bottom hem)
Pink Ribbon
Contrasting waistband: 36" x 10", includes 1" seam allowance and is folded in half.
Ties: 2 pieces, 40" x 9"

Directions: These are more notes to myself so they probably aren't very clear.
#1: Apply ribbon trim to bottom edge of skirt
#2: Hem edges of skirt
#3: Sew straps. I made a nice angled edge, because it makes me happy.
#4: Gather skirt and stitch onto one edge of waistband (right sides together). Press waistband up.
#5: Apply straps to waist band. (I have no idea how to describe this process.)
#6: Press waist band in half and fold under final raw edge
#7: Top stich waistband along gathered edge. This will secure the folded edge of the waistband on the back as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment