Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Searching for my new BFF

After much discussion (my husband encouraging me and myself wondering if it would be too much), I have decided to start shopping for a new machine. My Bernette 50 was a great sturdy machine for learning how to sew, but I am not able to do everything on it that I want to. Namely, it is HORRIBLE with knits and with many layers of fabric and don't even try to use interfacing. Blech.

So we made a family outing last Saturday to the "big Joann's" to get some recommendations from the salesperson. She now has me drooling all over Husqvarna Vikings. Wow. They are pricey but beautiful machines. I still want to get a "Really Big Bargain" so I am going to keep looking around. There seems to be another sewing machine shop about an hour away that will sell trade-ins and floor models for a significantly reduced price. I hope I can make the long trek out there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment